Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Evening Standard
Evening Standard
World
William Mata

DARK SECRETS: Hunt for attacker after man raped in morden park | Rare Historical Photos

An e-fit image of the man Metropolitan Police are looking for

(Picture: Metropolitan Police)

Police are searching for an attacker “in his 50s” after a man in his 20s said he had been raped in a park in Morden.

The victim said he was followed through Morden Hall Park shortly before 7pm on Monday, July 25 and then pushed to the ground in a wooded area where he was raped. The man in his 20s then managed to escape.

The Metropolitan Police released an e-fit image of a man they are searching for, on Friday. He is described as a white man, aged around 50, about 6ft tall of slim build and with a short grey beard.

The suspect was wearing black thin rimmed glasses, a blue top, blue shorts and a luminous yellow cap. The force said the victim is being supported by specially trained officers.

Detective constable Hannah Saunders said:“We have released an e-fit image of the man we want to speak to.

“Given the detailed description provided I hope someone may recognise him – if you do, please get in contact.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.